Sunday, October 28, 2007

Meh...

I usually hold off updating this thing until I have something to write about.
I thought I'd break that pattern tonight, meaning I don't have anything meaningful to put on here.
(I should probably reword that last sentence.)

Anyway, last night I was watching a movie on my laptop in my room when Brittney came knocked on my door and asked me if I'd go down to the petrol station and buy some electricity.
I then realized that my laptop had been running off of battery and the power in the house was off. Ken had already walked down there I guess, because he was halfway there and he needed me to bring him the card with our electricity information on it.
It was useless to drive because the garage doors weren't going to open, so I checked the bikes and both of the front tires were flat. So, mildly annoyed, I started to walk. The walk was good, I had time to unwind and watch a pretty cool thunderstorm over the ocean and under a full moon. It was dark, and everything anyone's ever told me here is to not be alone at night. Good deal.
I meet up with Ken and he sends me with the card to the petrol station.
Change of plans; more walking.
On my way back from the petrol station I was just playing out all these terrible scenarios in my mind for fun and this scooter with two people on it catches my attention:
I was trying to keep an eye on traffic behind me, so I was aware of the scooter and when I turned around they made a sudden, seemingly unplanned turn onto another street and sped up really fast. I thought it was suspicious, but I kept playing out terrible scenarios involving other vehicles.
Anyway, I had plenty of time to ponder things while I walked by an empty field and when I got to the end of it, I heard the scooter again. I let them get pretty close before I turned to check on them, but when I did, their headlight was off and they were driving really slow.

Dramatical Aside: One thing that crosses cultures, I guess, is the throwing of food. Particularly eggs.

I could tell something was going to happen, so I was sort of ready for what happened: the kid on the back threw something at me, but with all of my yellow belt training I didn't even react. I don't think I flinched and I didn't jump, which really confused the passenger. They sped up for a second and then slowed down. The passenger made some confused noises and then they sped off around the corner.
Only then did I feel my back to find it very wet with yolk.

Anyway, that was fun. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post makes my heart race a bit - and it takes me a few minutes to be able to chuckle a little at your humor of it. A funny picture comes to mind of you screaming and running towards them like the crazy man in Luke. Bet they'd never throw eggs at a white man again.

I love you. And please be careful. I guess I will never be able to quit saying it until you are home. So, get used to it my son.

Buddy said...

This is really funny. I'm sorry it happened but it did give me a laugh. Well I hope the only thing people throw at you while you're there is eggs. Love ya brother.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

hahaha! I had heard this story from somebody else but you worded it much better. I could only imagine the "confused noises" that guy made... and it was funny. I'm praying for you. Love you, Amy Jo Jo