Friday, July 20, 2007

Cape Town Trip

Well, we're home.
Hmm...

We had a lot of fun on our trip. On our way down, we stopped for a couple of nights in Oudtshoorn, which is the ostrich capital of the world in case you wanted to know. I got to ride an ostrich- not a lot of people get to say that.















And not a lot of people get to say that they have jumped the highest bungee jump in the world.


One of the main reasons for driving all the way down to Cape Town was to go to a family retreat that was hosted by Watershed, Free Indeed and One Spirit. It was really fun getting to hang out with those groups.


Then we were tourists for the rest of the time...

Our last night in Cape Town was Nelson Mandela's birthday. For his birthday there was a "Africa vs. World" soccer game where all the best players from all over Africa played some of the best players from around the world.
Before the game, we went out to Robben Island- where Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years. We saw all of the soccer players that were in town for the game and I got to take pictures of them all as they were getting off the ship before we got on.

Well, that's the extremely short version of our trip. I posted over 1000 pictures of it in my pictures section, so feel free to look at them.

Alright, well, leave a comment, please.
Love you guys.
Logan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're home. Sounds like an awesome trip. I can literally sit for hours looking at your pictures - all of them are gorgeous and you capture them perfectly. I love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Awesome video. Glad you had fun. 1000 pictures?! What am I supposed to do with that?!

I'm also curious...how much did they charge for that short little video?

Kimberly Charise Heard said...

I can't believe ya'll are getting to do all these amazing things! I'm jealous and extremely happy for you. This sounds exactly what you wanted. I miss you so much and I really hope I get to see you for Thanksgiving. You be careful Logan and take care of yourself! Love you tons!!